[rt-users] Newbe, root getting copied on communications

Medi Montaseri medi at sc.prepass.com
Tue Mar 6 08:55:50 EST 2001

Ok...waiting for 2.0 and hopefully that would support PostgreSQL and generic
RDBMS.

Back to configuration issues. I did what you suggested regarding root.
Does this guy need to exists. I have defined a new user called 'admin' cuase
I don't want my Unix admins to panic that there is a relation between this root
and
the real root. Having created an admin and marked as "RT Admin" and "Admin" priv.
Can I delete 'root' altogether.

Also, I see my RT installation dir (/home/rt) has a mix of root:root and rt:rt
ownership
on files. Can you provide a map of what should be owned by who.

Thanks....good product....likeing it more ...

Jesse wrote:

> Go in via the web ui and change root's email address from 'root at localhost'
> to ''
>
> --
> jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com
> 70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90
>
> I think co-ordinating 1000 prima donnas living all over the world will be as
> easy as herding cats..." -- Andy Tanenbaum on the linux development model, 1992

Medi Montaseri, medi at prepass.com, 408-450-7114
Prepass Inc, IT/Operations, Software Eng.