[rt-users] failing pipe command w/ rt

Todd Jagger tj.lists at overland.net
Sun Mar 11 20:20:08 EST 2001

Hi,

I've got a server that was running sendmail and I'm trying to migrate
it to Exim.  It's running both Mailman and RT (Request Tracker).  I've
got Mailman working okay, but I'm having trouble with rt.  I've read
the documentation in the contrib area at rt's web site
(ftp://ftp.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/exim.README) and implemented those
settings into my configure file.  Now I'm a little baffled as to the
errors and what to do about them.

Sending a mail to the request queue gets this:

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

   pipe to |/disk2/rt/bin/rt-mailgate support correspond
     generated by rt at tech.overland.net
     Child process of address_pipe transport returned 1 from command:
     /disk2/rt/bin/rt-mailgate

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/disk2/rt/bin/rt-mailgate support correspond
        generated by rt at tech.overland.net

exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete option
-ODeliveryMode=b
Could not send mail :(

Tried to launch this command: /usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t -ODeliveryMode=b
-OErrorMode=m

At first I thought perhaps it was a permissions problem with the UID or
GID that was trying to execute the command but now I have no idea after
actually seeing the error result.  Naturally /usr/lib/sendmail is
pointing to my exim binary.

Please help if you can.

Much appreciated,
Todd