[rt-users] empty cases in web

Todd Jagger tj.lists at overland.net
Fri Mar 16 09:29:33 EST 2001

At 07:53 AM 3/16/2001, you wrote:
>On Thursday, March 15, 2001 21:43:01 -0600, Todd Jagger
><tj.lists at overland.net> wrote:
>+-----
>| All of a sudden tickets being opened by email are showing up empty,
>i.e.,
>| without any content, in the web interface.  The emails get sent to
>queue
>| members fine with the notes in tact, and the ticket gets opened in
>the
>| web interface but there are just no notes there to see.
>+--->8
>
>Can the user that the web server is running as read the transaction
>files?
>
>--
>brandon s.
>allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net

Hi, thanks for your response,

Yes, it can.  That's kind of what I thought although the oddity was it
was working before.

I figured out what the deal was this morning...  There was a problem
with my rc startup sequence that was not letting safe_mysqld completely
finish starting up properly.  This is on an sgi and it wasn't liking
the way I wrote the rc.local script to start safe_mysqld so it was
hanging there (same simple script works on BSD and Linux).   I guess
enough was running to open cases but not enough to add content to
them.  Once I removed the entry and started mysql manually after boot
everything is normal again.  I probably just didn't do something
correctly in the startup script specific to the sgi.

Thanks again,
Todd