[rt-users] Problem: members only posting not working in RT 1.0.7

Harald Wagener hwagener at fcb-wilkens.com
Mon May 7 09:50:00 EDT 2001

Greetings,

we intend to use RT in our IT department. Right now, there is one thing
that does not seem to work.

Our setup:

1. We have one company wide mail server, which has a forwarding address to
the linux server running the intranet web service. RT software is
installed on the linux server, which also has sendmail up and running. So
we have an entry in /etc/aliases for each queue, and the queue was set up
using the web frontend.

Everything is up and running, except that mail for that queue is only
accepted when I allow request creation for non members, although I am a
user within the rt system with administrator rights.

When I disallow request creation for non members, I get the standard
'request denied' reply, with the email address of the general queue
(rt at ...) as the reply address, although I mailed to a specific
address(namely mitarbeiter at ...).

So, what am I doing wrong? I might not have read all of the docs, but on
the other hand, the web stuff seems to work without a flaw, and it works
if I allow non-members to post...maybe it´s related to the forwarding from
one mailserver to another?

Grateful for all help,
	Harald

PS: Please reply to my email address as well, or I will be able to thank
You only after I got the next digest... -H.

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252