[rt-users] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

Scott McClelland smcclell at vortexdata.com
Wed May 9 13:08:02 EDT 2001

Thank you, that worked.  I modified the /etc/my.cnf as follows, and
everything works fine.

[root at redhat03 admin]# cat /etc/my.cnf
[client]
port=3306
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

[mysqld]
port=3306
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at redhat03 admin]#

Scott McClelland, CNE, MCP
Network Administrator
Vortex Data Systems