[rt-users] Question on installation 1

Kazu Kimura kimura at ctc.ad.jp
Fri May 11 04:41:52 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have upgraded MySQL to 3.23.37 with different directory than old  one for future migration to RT 2.0. Then, there are some problems accessing
rt

It seems mysql itself is working properly. But RT1.0.7 does not work.  I forget how I did in the past.  And try to remember and understand RT
more, I would like to check step by step.

First rt commands will not work as follows.

kimura at red > ./rtq
Mysql->connect(database=rt;host=localhost) failed: Access denied for user: 'rt at localhost' (Using password: YES) at /opt/rt/lib/rt/database.pm line 24
[connectdb] Database connect failed: Access denied for user:
'rt at localhost' (Using password: YES)

In this situation, I believe user 'rt' tried to access mysql database rt but the connection is rejected because the password is wrong.  Where is
the password configured?  What should it be?

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Kazu Kimura <kimura at ctc.ad.jp>
IP Network tech. dep. CTC
Phone +81-52-740-8101