[rt-users] correspondences not being delivered

Dan Zak dan at justescape.com
Tue May 15 00:28:38 EDT 2001

If this topic has been discussed before please excuse my ingnorance.  I
installed RT 1.07 today and joined this list only a few moments ago.  I did
not see this issue mentioned in known bugs, so here I go.

My system:

RedHat Linux 6.2 / Kernel 2.2.18 + sec. patches/fixes to date
MySQL 3.23
RT 1.07
qmail 1.03
Apache 1.3.12

Note: qmail can emulate sendmail fairly well (configured RT to point to
qmail/bin/sendmail) so I set the $mail_options = "-oi -t";

I've created one queue and configured my aliases file to forward the
messages to the RT mail gateway.  The autoreply on creation feature works
correctly via web interface / and via inbound email messages.  When I
configure the queue parameters (Requestors section) to send email
notifications of each transaction, notifications are sent to the requestor.

Problem:
When I disable 'Send email notifications of each transaction (except
comment)' correspondences are not sent.  Any replies sent from within the
system are not forwarded to the requestor.  No message attempts are even
hitting my mail queue.  Any thoughts?

On a side note, I am really impressed with what I've seen thus far, and
welcome any tips/lessons learned anyone may have to share.  Thanks.

--Dan