[rt-users] RT 1.3.72 Apache configuration

Gary Berry gary.berry at nrc.ca
Tue May 15 00:51:17 EDT 2001

I am a little confused about how to set up Apache to use the latest
version of RT.

When I enter the Virtual Host info listed in the README and try to
restart Apache
I get an error

Syntax error on line 774 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

[FAILED]

I am using Mandrake 7.2 and I find that there is more than one
httpd.conf file
there is also one called httpd-perl.conf and a subdirectory called
Vhosts with it's
own vhosts.conf file

I have fixed the path command to suit the installation of RT2 and it
still gives me the
same error.

Am I putting the Virtual Hosts info in the wrong spot and if so where
should the info be
inserted in the .conf file/s

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS. RT1 rocks and I would really like to see RT2 in action.