[rt-users] RT 1.3.72 Apache configuration

Feargal Reilly feargal at online.thecia.ie
Wed May 16 11:43:22 EDT 2001

Maybe mod_perl hasn't been installed properly, make sure your using the right httpd binary - there may be more than one.
I ended up installing two apache - one with mod_perl, and one without.
There's a good article at perl.apache.org/guide/strategy.html

-Feargal.

    _/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/_/_/  Feargal Reilly,
   _/       _/   _/    _/  Systems Administrator,
  _/       _/   _/_/_/_/   The Communications Interactive Agency.
 _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/    _/    Phone: +353-86-8732249.

     I am a little confused about how to set up Apache to use the latest
     version of RT.

     When I enter the Virtual Host info listed in the README and try to
     restart Apache
     I get an error

     Syntax error on line 774 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
     Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
     not included in the server configuration

     [FAILED]

     I am using Mandrake 7.2 and I find that there is more than one
     httpd.conf file
     there is also one called httpd-perl.conf and a subdirectory called
     Vhosts with it's
     own vhosts.conf file

     I have fixed the path command to suit the installation of RT2 and it
     still gives me the
     same error.

     Am I putting the Virtual Hosts info in the wrong spot and if so where
     should the info be
     inserted in the .conf file/s

     Any help would be appreciated.

     Thanks

     PS. RT1 rocks and I would really like to see RT2 in action.