[rt-users] Re: unable to add message to queue, 1.0.7

Shane Allen shane at tacni.net
Fri May 18 21:55:44 EDT 2001

Shane Allen writes:

> Which brings up another question: are debug messages written to a logfile,
> or to stdout/stderr? I'm operating on very little sleep (I hate quick

Well, I slept a bit since I sent this message last night, and I'm now quite
sure that there is no documentation that I've been able to find about how
the debug function in the extended syntax of rt-mailgate works. Anyone have
any ideas?

Better still, anyone have any idea why a message sent to a properly
configured mail alias (mail alias is set to go to "rt-mailgate test
correspond") keeps getting added to _rt_system? I say properly configured
mail alias, because if I create a request using the web interface, I can
then reply to that ticket number and it updates the transaction history for
that ticket. I do not want to open the queue up to receive request from
anyone via email, but I do want to be able to send a message and start a
queue if for some reason that's necessary...

I just found the mail commands HTML file on the web site in the docs area
(it wasn't in the tarball I downloaded). I notice there are commands to
login... do they have to be included in the attempt to create a ticket?

I've left the original message that I receive from RT attached below in
case it can help someone help me.

TIA