[rt-users] RT2 mail reply issue

Wozz wozz+rt at wookie.net
Wed May 23 00:45:14 EDT 2001

I've just setup the latest cvs of RT2, and I'm having an issue with mail
being sent when I do replies.  I'm using qmail and have the sendmail
wrapper setup (and the system's sendmail moved elsewhere).  Auto-replies
for queues work, so RT Is able to find sendmail it would seem, but when I
try and send a reply to anyone, the message never makes it to qmail (no
entries in the log).  In addition, it doesn't appear that anything appears
in the various rt logs that end up in tmp that would indicate the problem,
at least not consistantly, there's a message that pops up occasionally, but
it doesn't occur everytime it fails to send a message, and without
timestamps in the logs, its hard to say whats causing it.  The messages
are:

now requiring RT::Condition::AnyTransaction
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x874df78): Checking condition OnCreate...
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x874df78): Matches condition OnCreate...
now requiring RT::Action::Autoreply
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x874df78): Prepared AutoreplyToRequestor
Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm line
84,
<STDIN> chunk 14.
Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm line
86,
<STDIN> chunk 14.
RT::Transaction=HASH(0x874df78): Committed AutoreplyToRequestor
Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Ticket.pm line 2431.
Use of uninitialized value at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/SearchBu
ilder/Record/Cachable.pm line 126.
Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/rt/lib/RT/Ticket.pm line 310.
Ticket 15 created in queue ''

The SendEmail action coudl be the problem, but it doesn't appear everytime
i try and send an email.  Any thoughts?