[rt-users] configuring sendmail with ssh/rt

brigit schroeder brigit at alert.infoplease.com
Thu May 31 17:08:33 EDT 2001

hey...

when I am trying to set up a mail alias on our system's mail server (generically called 'rt-requests'), I am
having problems with sendmail in that it won't allow me to set up an alias using ssh. I have generated
an ssh key on this machine and copied the key to the rt server (with an acct. for 'rt') ...the 'authorized_keys' files has a command line in it for the rt-mailgate script with the appropriate attributes.

after sending mail to rt-requests at mymailserver I keep getting errors saying that sendmail isn't
setup to handle requests from ssh (some message like that). I know there is some dir. that you
can copy an exec. into to make it work with sendmail, but this doesn't seem to help with sendmail.
so how does one get sendmail and ssh to work together? I was doing this all as root, but maybe a diff't
user id would work?

also, I have run newaliases after updating the sendmail aliases file.

please, if someone could advise, I would be very grateful.

thanks,
brigit.