[rt-users] RT 1.0.7 Pulldowns

Eric Horne eric.horne at std.teradyne.com
Fri May 25 12:01:29 EDT 2001

Jesse-

  I've got a question for ya.

  Currently, the RT tool does not have the capability to change
something about a particular rt from the main menu. For example, I can't
change the priority on a task directly on the main menu -- I would have
to bring up the ticket, then click on the priority (which brings up
another page) then I can set the priority.

  Being able to do this in one shot on the main page seems much more
convenient. I would like to go ahead and add that capability to my
version of RT.

  However, being the smart and insightful guy that you are, I figured
you did not add this capability for a reason. Was there a reason for not
having this? (one I can think of is that there is a performance reason
in drawing too many pulldowns and text fields). I'd like to know if you
thought of this and rejected before I embark on doing it and come to the
same conclusions you did.

  Thanks!

-Eric