[rt-users] instalation problem

James Adam Sigler hollow1 at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 5 10:27:14 EST 2001

Whats happening is the mysql script which creates and grants rights to the
"rt-user" needs to give rt-user a password which it probably does. Since,
the output did not ask you for a poassword and the database needs on to
log in the user it seems that either the script has a bug or you did not
give the user a password in your Makefile. Check to make sure 1. Your
rt-user is getting assigned a password in your Makefile 2. That your mysql
knows to ask your user for a password. (THis could be a versioning
issue.) in mysql and 3. That the user is even getting put into the
database. If none of these work try rt-2-0-8_02 (the most current
release) which worked for me with one little bug which was pretty easy to
resolve.

		Sincerely,
			-James Adam Sigler-

James Adam Sigler