[rt-users] Nonprivileged logins..

Tom Holub tom at LS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 6 13:00:32 EST 2001

Can we make this a high-priority feature request?  It's almost necessary if
you want to use rt with a very broad community.

The hack I'm currently using is to create a single privileged account, and
change the "Login" stub to print a message like "To view a request, log in
with this username and password," which is inelegant.

Another glitch is that if you log in to the SelfService interface, and
then click on "Logout", you get returned to the main login page, not the
SelfService login page.

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:53:01PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> you need to manually assign passwords to unprivileged users. (For now, anyway)
>

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 02:48:36PM -0700, Greg Smythe wrote:
> > Hello --
> >
> > According to http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/admin.html
> > <http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/admin.html>  under =head4 there is supposed
> > to be a way to allow Joe Schmoe to submit a ticket request via the web
> > interface without having a login. How do I get to this? I tried just
> > clicking the login button, setting user to "unprivileged", etc. The docs
> > even say that when an email is submitted RT will create an unpriviledged
> > user...
> >
> > Thanks!

> > Greg Smythe
> > SysAdmin
> > Intellstat Communications
> > WA State Resident
> >

> --
> http://www.bestpractical.com/products/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.

Tom Holub (tom_holub at LS.Berkeley.EDU, 510-642-9069)
College of Letters & Science
249 Campbell Hall