[rt-users] SelfService and other hidden bits

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 9 03:43:47 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:39:04PM +0000, David Ryan wrote:
> The first one is SelfService which was referred to in one of the mails
> and which only seems to appear in the documentation in the FAQ and then
> only as a reference to the fact that it exists and doesn't have
> instructions on how to access it.  From my point of view it gives a more
> usefull look into a users tickets than the normal login.

If a user is automatically created by the mail gateway or
doesn't have the "Can be granted rights" checkbox, they'll automatically
be shunted to the SelfService UI when they log in. You don't have to
do anything special. Just assign them passwords.

> The second one is the interface presented here -
> http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/screenshots/ticket.png - is this
> someones customised interface or is it normally available and I just
> can't find it ?

That's the old RT 1.0 UI, as somebody already mentioned.  If you need customized
UI, that's certainly something that we can do.

	-j