[rt-users] Followup: trouble with creating a new ticket

Piet Honkoop piet at wirehub.net
Fri Nov 9 13:28:59 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 07:07:46PM +0100, Piet Honkoop wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> >

> > > What rev of DBD::mysql do you have installed? there was a bug in some earlier
> > > versions that caused it to fail sort of badly when asked for insert_id.
> > >

> > DBD-mysql-2.1003
>

> Ok. I've actually seen this bug when some versions of mysql's libs aren't matched properly to the mysql DBD.  FWIW, that version of DBD::mysql is the
> beta that you shouldn't be using in production...
>
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/authors/id/JWIED/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219.tar.gz   is the current production driver.

Hmmmm, running a make test on that one results in 15 out of 17 test
scripts failing; perl dumping core each and every occasion. Seems we're
getting somewhere (hipdeep in...).

Now this is a system-installed perl set so I'd guess it has something to
do with installed libs/modules. How can I find out something like that (as
said: I can read a bit of perl, that's it :( )

Thanks,

Piet

Wirehub! Internet BV                                  tel. +31 10 2448344
Westzeedijk 487                                       fax. +31 10 2448300
3024 EL Rotterdam                                  http://www.wirehub.net