[rt-users] bad rfc822 field name?

matt carter matt at iseek.com.au
Tue Nov 13 19:43:25 EST 2001

i know a similar subject has been covered in the mailing lists in early
october, however the problem in that instance appeared to be attributed to
missing a blank line after subject: header in the templates. i dont
believe this the case for me.

i'm running 2.0.8 and i'm noticing that when a user emails a ticket to rt
using rt-mailgate that if the subject line exceeds a certain number of
characters, that the ticket will be created however, the user does not get
an auto reply, and the group does not get notified as my templates and
scrips have been set to do.

any ticket with a subject shorter than this specified length are fine.
(actual names have been subsituted by word name is still same length)

eg:

     63 Nov 14 To: support at iseek.com.au                        (343) (xxxxxxx) customer provided with yy dialup is having difficulty pls contact.
     64 Nov 14 To: support at iseek.com.au                        (338) (xxxxxxx) call xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx new dsl installation and discuss nat
     65 Nov 14 To: support at iseek.com.au                        (387) (xxxxxxx) change documents provided to xxxxx regarding technical details of installation

webrt:/var/log/rt# cat rt.log.4616.1
Bad RFC822 field name ' Contact.'
 at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255
Bad RFC822 field name ' Contact.'
 at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255

webrt:/var/log/rt# cat rt.log.4622.1
Bad RFC822 field name ' Nat'
 at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255
Bad RFC822 field name ' Nat'
 at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255

webrt:/var/log/rt# cat rt.log.4627.1
Bad RFC822 field name ' Details Of Installation'
 at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255
Bad RFC822 field name ' Details Of Installation'
 at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255
webrt:/var/log/rt#

All my templates have a blank line after the subject: header where it is
used.

any ideas?

--matt