[rt-users] Timezone and FreeBSD

Charlie Watts cewatts at frontier.net
Fri Nov 16 08:47:13 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Rob Mitzel wrote:

> You know, I've been having a problem ever since I first fired up RT,
> on about 3 different FreeBSD systems.  No matter what I do, the
> timezone in RT always shows up as GMT.  In config.pm, I've tried every
> possible combination of entries for the time zone.
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE.  Any ideas, anyone?  This is making me
> look quite stupid to my bosses that I can't figure this out. :(

Are you running anything else under mod_perl? I had trouble with cricket
timestamps always showing as GMT because the time was set incorrectly in
RT, at one point. Fixing the time in RT fixed the time in cricket ...

As cool as mod_perl is, I think fastcgi is probably a better way to go,
because of these weird pollution problems.

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts at frontier.net
Frontier Internet, Inc.