[rt-users] Re: Installation

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Sun Nov 18 16:31:54 EST 2001

Ashwin Kutty wrote:

> I hit this error:-
>
> Enter the mysql password for rt_user:
> Creating database schema.
> DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=localhost) failed: Access denied for user:
> 'rt_user at localhost' (Using password: YES)

Drop your database, and try again - double check the makefile has the
correct password (both rt_user AND the mysql root account). I seem to
remember the 'make install' target asking for a password a second time,
though this might have been for an unset mysql root password.

--
Téo de Hesselle,               \  One possible reason that things
Unix Systems Administrator      \  aren't going according to plan