[rt-users] Beginner config.pm questions

Steve Gilbert gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
Mon Nov 26 16:05:44 EST 2001

I have a few questions about setting up etc/config.pm after
a successful RT2 installation.  I just want to make sure I'm
clear on a few things...

1. $rtname="example.com";
   ...what exactly does "...RT will look for in mail messages..."
   mean?  Is it just looking for it in the Subject: string, or is
   it actually looking for this in the addresses of incoming mails?

2. $DatabaseUser="rt_user";
   ...how does this relate to the rt_user Unix account that you
   create during the install?  I guess more to the point...what
   does RT do with this Unix account?  If RT doesn't already use
   it, I'd like to point $OwnerEmail to this.

3. $MailAlias
   ...there is mention of this as a "generic alias to send mail to
   for any request already in a queue."  I'm not sure I understand
   what this means or if I need it.

...thanks a lot for any insight.  I'm sure I'll have more questions
as I dig deeper.

Steve Gilbert             gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
80/20 Software Tools      www.8020softwaretools.com
**     Consulting and support for open source        **
** network management and performance analysis tools **