[rt-users] MAJOR PROBLEM

Greg Boug gboug at unico.com.au
Tue Nov 27 19:28:15 EST 2001

In Perl, it usually means a package hasn't been included in
the use list, but its attempting to be referenced. Have a look
at lib/RT.pm and make sure somewhere near the top has this line:

	use RT::Handle;

It could also be:

	require RT::Handle;

If either are there, might be worth checking that there _is_ a 'new'
function in RT::Handle... It'll be in ac631/rt2/lib/RT/Handle.pm.
Search for 'sub new' in that file... It should be there, I would
doubt Jesse would do something silly like forget to add in a new
function... ;-)

Assuming that is there, you will then want to check that ac631/rt2/lib
is one of the directories in the perl library path for that program.
Its contained in the @INC array... Add the following to the top
of the script:

BEGIN {
	print STDERR join(",", @INC) . "\n";
}

The STDERR stuff will be printed to the error log...

If its not in the list, then you will need to add it... I
can't remember how RT likes this done off the top of my
head, hopefully Jesse remembers... ;-) Just make sure you
put in the _full_ path as that is what Perl will be
expecting...

I'm assuming this is going to work with Mason... I'm sure someone will
correct me if its not going to work... ;-)

Hope this helps :-)

Greg