[rt-users] UserObj info into a template

Ashley Gould agould at aslab.com
Tue Nov 27 21:05:17 EST 2001

I really needed more than the requestor's email.  I created a new scrip
action and modified RT::Template a bit to to get a real UserObj into my
new template.  RT now sends our custom RMA form to requestors whenever a
ticket is moved into our site's rma queue.  It is klugie, but works
well.  What is really needed is a new "rma" object which can be attached
to a ticket.  I've included some of the details below.

RT is sweet.  I'm having so much fun.

ashley

--------------------------------------
The Action:

I set up the scrip action NotifyRequestorOwnerCcWithRMA.  The action had
to provide a UserObj to the template RMA form.  The stock RT template
system only receives a TicketObj and a TransactionObj.  First I created
a new action which grabs the UserObj of the first requester of the
ticket and passes it to the template handler.  The ugly part is there
can be _only_one_ requester per ticket: since RT::Ticket::Requestors
returns a hash of Watcher objects, there is no way to guarentee the
which requestor will be grabbed for a UserObj if there are more than
one.

These are the relevent parts of rt2/lib/RT/Action/NotifyWithRMA.pm:

package RT::Action::NotifyWithRMA;
require RT::Action::SendEmail;
require RT::Action::Notify;
@ISA = qw(RT::Action::Notify);

# {{{ sub Prepare

# Same as RT::Action::Sendmail::Prepare but adds a $UserObj to the call
# to RT::Template::Parse.

sub Prepare  {

_snip_

  # Ashley's hack
  # Get a user object from $self->TicketObj
  $RT::Logger->debug("RT::Action::NotifyWithRMA.pm\n");

  my $UserObj = $self->TicketObj->Requestors->Next->OwnerObj();
  $RT::Logger->debug("$UserObj\n");

# Ashley added the UserObj
  $self->TemplateObj->Parse(Argument => $self->Argument,
                            TicketObj => $self->TicketObj,
                            TransactionObj => $self->TransactionObj,
                            UserObj => $UserObj);

_snip_

Next I modified RT::Template to accept a UserObj.  This was just a minor
change in RT::Template::_ParseContent:

# {{{ sub _ParseContent

# Perform Template substitutions on the Body
# Ashley's hack: include a UserObj in $T

sub _ParseContent  {
  my $self=shift;
  my %args = ( Argument => undef,
               TicketObj => undef,
               UserObj => undef,        # Ashley's hack
               TransactionObj => undef,
               @_);

  $RT::Logger->debug("RT::Template: $args{'UserObj'}\n");

  # Might be subject to change
  require Text::Template;

  $T::Ticket = $args{'TicketObj'};
  $T::Transaction = $args{'TransactionObj'};
  $T::Argument = $args{'Argument'};
  $T::rtname=$RT::rtname;
  $T::WebRT=$RT::WebRT;
  $T::User = $args{'UserObj'};          # Ashley's hack

  $RT::Logger->debug("RT::Template: $T::User\n");

  # We need to untaint the content of the template, since we'll be working
  # with it
  my $content = $self->Content();
  $content =~ s/^(.*)$/$1/;
  $template=Text::Template->new(TYPE=>STRING,
                                SOURCE=>$content);

  return ($template->fill_in(PACKAGE=>T));
}
# }}}