[rt-users] feature idea: auto-link urls

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 2 15:48:21 EDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:38:59PM -0500, Christian Gilmore wrote:
> I think Marc was asking that URLs embedded within e-mails have appropriate
> HTML slapped around them before they are written to the DB.

*nod* I know. Though actually, you'd be better off doing that processing on
display. I suspect there's actually a single flag that could get passed to mason
to make it DTRT there.

> Regarding what you're suggesting, Jesse, I'm a bit foggy what you mean,
> but it sounds cool. Could you clarify? I may have time to handle it if I
> can get a better grasp of what it is. :)

RT's "Relationships" functionality is great for linking tickets to other tickets. But. that's not the only thing you can use it for.  You can link tickets
to external URIs. (Like http://fsck.com or something custom like
fsck.com-kb://kb.fsck.com/article/23) and can define custom handlers to do
things  with those URIs. But the basic idea is to parse out URLs on ticket submiussion and add them as "Refers To" links.