[rt-users] RT E-Mail Functionality

Harald Wagener hwagener at fcb-wilkens.com
Fri Oct 5 06:41:08 EDT 2001

Darrin Walton wrote:

>   |+ Is there any documentation finished which explains the E-Mail
>   |+ functionality in whole?
>
> Have you setup your Scrips?  THe documentation explains this.

A more verbose answer:

Initially, RT 2.0.x is configured to do nothing with a ticket but
log it in the database, from where all the info is fed into the database.
If You want to setup behavior as in RT 1.x, have a look at the list archives, this
topic comes up now and then.

If You intent to do rather unusual things with email, You are encouraged to read
the documentation at http://www.helgrim.com/, have a look at the contrib directory
of the RT ftp server or poke around in the source code
(this is for very special things, but we needed it for turning on the autocreation
of accounts so that people can have a look at their tickets - not a big change,
and nothing like autogenerated passwords being mailed back (rather, a default
password).)

Regards,
Harald

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252