[rt-users] Problems with apache configuration

Thorsten Sturm thorsten.sturm at gentleware.de
Tue Oct 9 11:07:07 EDT 2001

Martin Schapendonk wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Thorsten Sturm wrote:
># Can anyone tell me what to do in order to get this running?
>
>You forgot the Alias specifying where Apache can find RT. Please delete
>the softlink first to avoid confusion. You don't need it.
>
>Something like
>Alias /rt2 /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html
>should be in your httpd.conf
>
>See http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/installation.html#76
>
>Regards,
>
>Martin

That does at least part of the trick. Thanks for the hint. But
unfortunately, I'm stuck again.

I can now start RT and get the login page. Logging in as root works
fine, too. But being on the overview page is some kind of dead end for
me. Every click on one of the provided links (even on logout) results in
an error message, saying the " The requested URL
/perl/rt2/WebRT/html/User/Prefs.html was not found on this server.". I
tried a few configurations and even set $webpath in RT's config.pm (this
is where WebRT/html comes from). rt2 is a symlink in the perl-docs
directory of apache.

Can you tell me, how to configure RT to use the rest of the pages?

Thanks again,

Thorsten