[rt-users] Problems with apache configuration

Thorsten Sturm thorsten.sturm at gentleware.de
Tue Oct 9 12:00:44 EDT 2001

Martin Schapendonk wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Thorsten Sturm wrote:
># I can now start RT and get the login page. Logging in as root works
># fine, too. But being on the overview page is some kind of dead end for
># me. Every click on one of the provided links (even on logout) results in
># an error message, saying the " The requested URL
># /perl/rt2/WebRT/html/User/Prefs.html was not found on this server.". I
># tried a few configurations and even set $webpath in RT's config.pm (this
># is where WebRT/html comes from). rt2 is a symlink in the perl-docs
># directory of apache.
>
>Your $WebPath in config.pm should contain "/rt2" and NOT
>"/perl/rt2/WebRT/html" which is just the location in your file system
>(and has nothing to do with the web location of RT).
>
>Did you _stop_ and _start_ Apache on every change to see the result?
>(not just a restart, really stop and start Apache).
>
>Regards,
>
>Martin

O.K. That does the trick. Now I can see the web interface logging myself
in and play around a little. But at least there seem to be one thing
missing, which I think is an apache issue as well. When I click on one
of the links, the provided destination points to some other directory in
most of the cases. From HTML I would assume to automatically look for a
index.html in those directories (which is available in all of them). But
my own apache seems to forget about this feature. All I see is the
directory itself (say the files and directories it contains). Clicking
on index.html then brings me to the place I wanted to.

I'm sure there is a configuration entry missing in my httpd.conf. Can
anyone tell me what is missing there?

Thanks,

Thorsten