[rt-users] Logging as comment? when Scrip emails are sent.

Karel P Kerezman rael at zero.kgon.com
Tue Oct 9 12:31:12 EDT 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 08:59, Paul Gregg wrote:
> PS.  Qmail:
>
> I wasn't too happy with the way that the FAQ suggested it should be setup so
> I did my own (other Qmail users might recognise me as the Qmail Single UID
> doc author, then again they may not!)
>
> This setup assumes that you want to send a complete domains worth
> of email to RT, e.g. your queue addresses are general at rt.domain.com
> support at rt.domain.com, etc.

(lots of nifty snippage)

I wasn't all that happy with having to use such a cumbersome system
either. Too bad my RT2 rig isn't fully dedicated... it's also our
special-purpose email server containing several important email accounts
and what-not.

My recommendation? Get that procedure entered into the docs as the way
to go for fully-dedicated RT2 systems. If you can come up with a
replacement for my slapdash Qmail+non-dedicated-RT2 rig, I certainly
won't complain.

(Yes, I'm the one who wrote the Qmail+RT2 bit in the online docs. Pure
trial-and-error computing, no doubt about it.)

--
Karel P Kerezman, IS Admin Entercom Portland

Anything I do is purely coincidental.