[rt-users] Logging as comment? when Scrip emails are sent.

Paul Gregg lists-mail-isp-rt-users at pgregg.com
Tue Oct 9 16:49:38 EDT 2001

In article <1002645072.27885.5.camel at zero.kgon.com> you wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 08:59, Paul Gregg wrote:
>> PS.  Qmail:
>>
>> I wasn't too happy with the way that the FAQ suggested it should be setup so
>> I did my own (other Qmail users might recognise me as the Qmail Single UID
>> doc author, then again they may not!)
>>
>> This setup assumes that you want to send a complete domains worth
>> of email to RT, e.g. your queue addresses are general at rt.domain.com
>> support at rt.domain.com, etc.
>
> (lots of nifty snippage)
>
> I wasn't all that happy with having to use such a cumbersome system
> either. Too bad my RT2 rig isn't fully dedicated... it's also our
> special-purpose email server containing several important email accounts
> and what-not.
>
> My recommendation? Get that procedure entered into the docs as the way
> to go for fully-dedicated RT2 systems. If you can come up with a
> replacement for my slapdash Qmail+non-dedicated-RT2 rig, I certainly
> won't complain.
>
> (Yes, I'm the one who wrote the Qmail+RT2 bit in the online docs. Pure
> trial-and-error computing, no doubt about it.)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - your instructions certainly saved me a some
time in working out what I posted earlier.

Like yourself, my "normal" addresses are non-dedicated, e.g. support at domain.com
etc...  I simply have Qmail forward these to the rt.domain.com subdomain.
RT just knows to send mail as support at domain.com so it all looks nice and
tidy.

Regards,

Paul.