[rt-users] rt doesn't send mail

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Oct 10 11:50:01 EDT 2001

The email gateway is for the _receiving_ of mail, not the sending of it. :)

Anyhow, I just experienced the same problem.  Darned thing was working
on Monday and there was much rejoicing.

I went and ran through a couple of tests yesterday before giving the
go-ahead to put it into production, and the darn thing doesn't even
think about sending email.  Nothing shows up in the sendmail logs (not
even the attempt at a connection).  The reply from within RT2 (let's
say, an admin replies to an open ticket) does go into the database and
it _acts_ like the message was sent...

but nothing.. no email message, nothing in the sendmail logs.. any RT
logs or something that I can check?

I'm severely tempted to remove RT2 and re-install it, but, honestly, I
would rather not...

-Rich

--
Richard West                   $14.95 Registrations      mailto:rwest at wesmo.com