[rt-users] Keywords thought...

Steven W. Litras swl at cdsinc.com
Wed Oct 10 21:07:25 EDT 2001

Hi All-

    I'm somewhat new to RT. I've been playing around with it for a few
weeks, and I'm planning to implement it both for internal ticket tracking,
and customer ticket tracking. In order to be able to search a ticket based
on a customer, I've set up Customer name Keywords for the customer queue.
First off - if anyone sees a better way to do this, lemme know.

Secondly, we have an internal database of Customers that I don't really
wanna duplicate, so I was thinking about seeing if an external callback
feature could be added into the Keywords capability to allow it to hand off
Keyword look up, based on where it is in the tree, to an external script.
For example, if I'm doing a lookup based on the /Customers keyword
hierarchy, it subs it out to my script, but all other keywords go through
the normal method. Anybody out there already done this? If people think it
would be useful, I'd be willing to take a stab at it...

Thanks,
Steve