[rt-users] Can I do this?

Richard Soderberg richard.soderberg at databuilt.com
Mon Oct 15 11:19:30 EDT 2001

I'm looking at WebRT/html/Ticket/Update.html, which specifies

<FORM ACTION="Display.html" METHOD=POST  enctype="multipart/form-data">

for the form elements that provide the Comments functionality.  If you
added a new INPUT to Update.html, you could modify
WebRT/html/Ticket/Display.html to detect that new form element and send
the email to the user for only that comment.

(a tip: when modifying WebRT/html/Ticket/Update.html, save your
modifications to local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Update.html)

I don't believe that this would require modifying any of the lib/RT/*.pm
files, especially if there's an email function exposed somewhere that
you could harness to make it do this.

Jesse, would this be a feature that would be useful to RT in general?

R.