[rt-users] Outgoing email

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Wed Oct 17 09:38:18 EDT 2001

>Hi all,
>
>At present, unless I'm completely off the mark here, RT sends emails
>out to all users, with the exception of the user who initiated the
>email. If there any way to make sure that when an email is sent, it
>is sent to _all_ watchers, requesters, etc. regardless of whether it
>is them that initiated the email?
>
>If not, I'm gonna have to start hacking code (something I want to
>avoid, if possible)

What you can do (which is fun) is to create an e-mail alias on the server
that contains the e-mail addresses of all the watchers you want, and just
set that e-mail address as the only watcher.

Obviously, this only works well with smaller-sized numbers of
watchers.  We've got it set up that way for our abuse queue, and it works
just well with eight people.