[rt-users] Apache + mod_perl

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Oct 17 14:31:08 EDT 2001

<rant>
Arggh!
</rant>

I know this is off-topic, but, since there must be someone else out
there with the same setup, but working, I figured I would try...

Has anyone had any success with Apache + mod_perl on Solaris 8?

I've had great success under Linux with Apache 1.3.20 and mod_perl 1.26,
but, under Solaris 8, the thing continually logs a Segmentation Fault
(11) for each apache process.  The server answers for normal requests,
but, when a request goes to the virual host for RT, that's when it seg
faults.

And, no.. I didn't compile it as a DSO.  Out from the configure/make
looks like:    o perl_module uses ConfigStart/End
      + mod_perl build type: OBJ
      + setting up mod_perl build environment
      + id: mod_perl/1.26
      + id: Perl/v5.6.1 (solaris) [perl]
      + adjusting Apache build environment
      + enabling Perl support for SSI (mod_include)

with all of the perl stuff listed as "enabled".

*sigh*  I am _so_ close at getting RT2 up for this site, I can taste it..

Any tips, tricks, pointers, etc would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
-Rich

--
Richard West                   $14.95 Registrations      mailto:rwest at wesmo.com