[rt-users] RT2 and Exim From: field

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Wed Oct 17 22:13:11 EDT 2001

> I think this is an Exim thing, but am not exactly sure. Maybe someone can
> enlighten me :)
>
> On headers sent from RT2 I get two(2) From headers. One is from
> www-data at domain.com and the other is the correct one for the queue. I also
> get a Sender: line that says www-data at domain.com. I don't really like seeing
> the www-data part in message headers because I'm anal. What is the solution
> to this?

looking at your example headers, there's one real from header (the
correct one, with a :) and then there's that other thing, that I don't
think should have ever made it that far. it looks like a malformed
received header. my rt doesn't seem to add this weird from line.

Then sender line is added by exim. exim adds it when untrusted (ie:
normal) users send mail. If you want exim not to add it, take a look
at the trusted_users directive in your exim.conf, and the exim docs.

seph