[rt-users] Apache + mod_perl

Sheeri Kritzer skritz01 at emerald.tufts.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:16:29 EDT 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Teo de Hesselle wrote:

> Vivek Khera wrote:
>
> > You *must* use the same compiler for everything.
> >
> > You *must* specify the same LARGE FILES setting for everything.
> >
> > everything == apache and mod_perl.
> >

> And if it's not obvious, you'll also need to compile everything yourself.
> It's not difficult.

Right, I don't think that was the issue.  The issue is that Solaris has
some funky compiler issues, and the Berkeley cc doesn't help -- you either
need gcc or Sun's Forte Compiler.  The problem is that sometimes perl, the
package, not mod_perl, but the big, whopping, honking perl, is set so that
when you use it to create a makefile (ie, perl Makefile.PL, as you need to
do with the mod_perl installation), it looks for "cc" instead of "default
compiler".

Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group