[rt-users] Mason component root / fastcgi

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker levitte at stacken.kth.se
Thu Oct 18 18:01:08 EDT 2001

From: Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com>

Rich.West> I'm simply running with the ScriptAlias within one of our
Rich.West> VirtualHosts, it runs just fine.  No need to specify the
Rich.West> Location or any ewriteRule on my end..

The RewriteRule is there to make sure that people who forget to put an
ending slash on the initial URL get the right thing.  An extra
commodity, basically, not really essencial.

Rich.West> >Hmm, I have the following, and it works for me:
Rich.West> >
Rich.West> >  <Location /WebRT>
Rich.West> >    Options +ExecCGI
Rich.West> >  </Location>
Rich.West> >  RewriteRule /WebRT /WebRT/ [R,L]
Rich.West> >  Alias /WebRT/ /usr/local/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
Rich.West> >
Rich.West> >I'm not really sure that ScriptAlias should be used the way it's
Rich.West> >described in the guide.
Rich.West> >

Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ LeViMS at stacken.kth.se
Redakteur at Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47
                    \      SWEDEN       \ or +46-733-72 88 11
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- poei at bofh.se
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/
Software Engineer, GemPlus:             http://www.gemplus.com/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.