[rt-users] TZ fix for 1.07?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 19 21:04:46 EDT 2001

On Friday, October 19, 2001 19:17:30 -0500, Todd Jagger
<tj.lists at overland.net> wrote:
+-----
| Until I can get a machine with the proper prerequisites for 2.0x I was
| wondering if anyone knew specifically what needed to be addressed on the
| machine regarding the timezone mismatch that causes tickets opened by
+--->8

Likely you're on a system which requires TZ be in the environment with the
correct value for things not to run in GMT, and Apache is started without
it (at boot time?).  Try editing the script which starts Apache to export
TZ with the correct value (e.g. "TZ=EST5EDT export TZ").

Most systems with zoneinfo support (this includes Solaris, *BSD, and Linux,
and likely others) will handle this correctly if properly configured.  Make
sure they're all looking in the same place (Red Hat moved the zoneinfo
stuff between RH4 and RH5, for example) and that the local timezone is
hard- or sym-linked (or even copied; depends on the system) to
"posixrules".  Some systems may also want /etc/localtime to also be a link
to or copy of the local timezone's zoneinfo file.

brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     [linux: proof of the million monkeys theory]