[rt-users] Any update on Log-Dispatch installation problems?

Steve Gilbert gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
Wed Oct 24 09:24:19 EDT 2001

A couple months ago, there was some discussion here about this
error when bulding the Log-Dispatch perl module that is required
by RT:

$ make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 test.pl
1..122
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at test.pl line 33.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
$

...and the consensus seemed to be to install it anyway and ignore
the broken test.pl.  Just wondering if anyone had any updated info
on this problem?  I'm in the process of building RT on a Mandrake 8
box, and just ran into this same problem.  Any new ideas?  Thanks.

Steve Gilbert
80/20 Software Tools