[rt-users] feature request

Eric Fisher fisher at osiriscomm.com
Thu Oct 25 18:36:33 EDT 2001

I've been using RT v1 for almost two years now and one feature that I got
used to and can't quite figure out how to do in 2.0.8 is to CC a
person/group for a single comment/correspondance.

There are many times when people within the queue want to CC a sysadmin or
manager for assistance, a heads up, or mechanism for sharing resolutions
to issues.  The mechanism I see in RT2 requires setting a CC in the People
setup, sending the message, then removing the CC afterwards.  While I can
see that the People setup is useful, it can be time consuming to forward a
quick message this way.  It would much easier to be able to set a CC for
the comment/correspondance in the Update Ticket field.

Does anybody know of a shortcut around setting up a one-time use CC or
is this something that I'll have to ask for in a future version?  As I'm
new to the structure of RT2, if I were to do this myself, where should I
look to be able to modify both the GUI and the beavior of the mailer?

Thank you.

-Eric

--
Eric W. Fisher <fisher at osiriscomm.com>