[rt-users] Attachments don't work.

Kip Cranford kip.cranford at pgamapd.com
Fri Oct 26 16:09:54 EDT 2001

On: 26 Oct 2001 17:40:37 -0300 "Rodolfo Sikora" wrote:

>Hi There, I'm using 2.0.8 and Attachments don't work at all.
>is this a known bug?
>What should I do to solve this problem?

There have been discussions on this list not too long ago about issues
with attachments.  Search the archives for the threads.

Remember that documents are attached to tickets, and are not sent in a
correspondence, i.e. if you are replying to a requestor and attach a
file via the UI, the email to the requestor does not contain the
attachment.  However, the _ticket_ does.   This can make it appear that
attachments are not working correctly.

Also, if your attachments are large (say over 1MB), and you use MySQL,
you may need to increase the MySQL variable "max_allowed_packet".  If
the size of the attachment is larger than that MySQL parameter, the
attachment will (silently) _not_ be attached to your ticket.

--kip