[rt-users] v2.0.6 email problems

Derek Fage derek.fage at foreshore.net
Wed Sep 5 13:25:59 EDT 2001

I've reposted this as I sent it with the wrong subject last time, and also
updated it.

Hi there,

Things are going quite well, but have come up with a couple of mail
related
problems.

Correspondence Address
======================

We have modified our Queue configurations so that our emails come from
the
primary domain as opposed to the server (ie instead of coming from
support at linuxdev.foreshore.net thy come from support at foreshore.net

All works great in this case, however we have some other queues that we
want
to change the correspondence address so that they instead of coming from
say
test at linuxdev.foreshore.net we want them to come from
test at rt.foreshore.net
(rt.foreshore.net is a CNAME for linuxdev.foreshore.net).

When we make this change to the queue configuration, the email always
comes
from test at linuxdev.foreshore.net

It appears to be related to the CNAME - if I set the correspondence address
to something else such as test at derek.foreshore.net it appears to work. Could
this be a sendmail problem?

To: Field a bit strange
=======================

When we used to send an email to support at foreshore.net the To: field
used to
say:
    To: support at foreshore.net

After the upgrade it now says:
    To: "'support at foreshore.net'" <support at foreshore.net>

Does anybody have any suggestions about how to resolve either of these
problems?

Regards,

Derek...

except where the sender states them to be the views of Foreshore
Limited.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to hostmaster at foreshore.net