[rt-users] adding a specific user to see/create tickets on 1 queue

Rehan van der Merwe Rehan at nha.co.za
Fri Sep 7 09:31:01 EDT 2001

Hi lao,

We successfully created multiple queues and corresponding groups to view
them, as well as a group to oversee all queues.  The setup is as follows:

Note that no-one belongs in multiple groups ...

For Queue1 :
Configuration | Queues | Group Rights |
    Group1 : CreateTicket, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue,
ShowTicket, Watch, WatchAsAdminCc

For Queue2 :
Configuration | Queues | Group Rights |
    Group2 : CreateTicket, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue,
ShowTicket, Watch, WatchAsAdminCc

etc...

For MainQueue :
Configuration | Queues | Group Rights |
    MainGroup : CreateTicket, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue,
ShowTicket, Watch, WatchAsAdminCc

Global :
Configuration | Global | Group Rights |
    Everyone : CreateTicket
    Owner : CommentOnTicket, DeleteTicket, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket,
ShowTicket
    MainGroup : CreateTicket, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket, SeeQueue,
ShowTicket, Watch, WatchAsAdminCc

Some of this is duplication of rights, but it works.

I hope this is set up clear enough to understand.

Rehan van der Merwe