[rt-users] Problem: Handle.pm and email ticket creations

George Warnagiris george.warnagiris at BabcockBrown.com
Fri Sep 7 21:04:31 EDT 2001

Dear All,

I have two issues.

1)  After upgrading to from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6, I get the following error when
trying to create a ticket via email:

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

  us_systems at bayridge.ny.babcockbrown.com:
    generated |/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue us_systems --action
correspond

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ |/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue us_systems --action correspond
------

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/opt/rt2/lib/RT/Handle.pm line 36.

The ticket is created successfully, but the error message is annoying.  I
have not seen anyone else with this problem.  Do you know what the cause and
solution might be?

2) Secondly, when I reply to a message that generated a ticket, the reply
does not get added to the original ticket.  Instead a new instance, and
therefore a new ticket number, is opened.  I think this may be some kind of
configuration problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help,
George

This email message may contain information that is confidential and
proprietary to Babcock & Brown or a third party.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the original and
any copies of the original message.  Babcock & Brown takes measures to
protect the content of its communications.  However, Babcock & Brown cannot
guarantee that email messages will not be intercepted by third parties or
that email messages will be free of errors or viruses.