[rt-users] LookupExternalUserInfo

Andy Wettstein awettstein at cait.org
Thu Sep 13 16:20:15 EDT 2001

Hi

I'm trying to get the LookupExternalUserInfo function working correctly
with LDAP.  I have successfully added users by email, but RT pulls in
their email address as their username.  I modified the GetLDAPUser
from the contrib site and put something like this to get their info:
        foreach my $entry ($mesg->entries) {
              $UserInfo{'Name'}  = $entry->get_value('uid')  || next;
              $UserInfo{'RealName'} = $entry->get_value('cn') || '';
              $UserInfo{'EmailAddress'} = $entry->get_value('mail') || '';
        }

but it still pulls down their email for the username.  Is it a different
attribute to change or something else?

later