[rt-users] PGP

Benjamin Boksa b.boksa at sidebysite.de
Fri Sep 14 05:04:03 EDT 2001

Hi Derek!

If you are fit with perl consider the following:

Built in some sort of plugin architecture into rt-mailgate for receiving
eMails.

You should trigger certain actions, when receiving eMails from certain
adresses.

Your customer certainly has a unique eMail-Adresse. If you get an eMail from
him and this eMail is PGP encrypted you could use your private key to
decrypt it before writing it to the DB (that's actually what rt-mailgate
does, isn't it?). There are Perl-Classes that handle all the decryption
stuff for you.

There should be the same thing to do, when replying to your customer. When
replying to a certain adress, crypt the mail with the public key for that
address and the send it.

That's the way I would do it, as it provides you with the ability to kind of
have builtin PGP support for RT.

If you do it please send me a copy of your changes... ;-)

Regards,

Benjamin Boksa

> Hi there,
>
> We've got some customers who want to use PGP when taling to our support
> staff.
>
> I've created a PGP key for our support email address that we could send out
> to these customers, but I'm struggling to think through how this can best be
> made to work.
>
> I was thinking that the way to do this would be that a copy of the incoming
> email would need to be sent as is to the person who is assigned the ticket
> somehow.
>
> Has anybody else done this that can provide some suggestions?
>
> Derek...

> *********
> except where the sender states them to be the views of Foreshore Limited.
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
> you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
> advise us by return e-mail to hostmaster at foreshore.net

Benjamin Boksa
b.boksa at sidebysite.de

side by site GmbH & Co. KG