[rt-users] qmail suid issue

Harald Wagener hwagener at fcb-wilkens.com
Mon Sep 17 03:59:21 EDT 2001

Jaime wrote:

>         I don't know if this helps, but I found some email archives
> refering to setuid perl (which is new to me) and found this:
>
> zeus:bin>ls -l sperl5*
> -r-x--s--x  3 root  wheel  50816 Sep 14 18:26 sperl5
> -r-x--s--x  3 root  wheel  50816 Sep 14 18:26 sperl5.00503
> zeus:bin>pwd
> /usr/bin
>
>         Hope that helps generate some ideas.  :)  Any help is appreciated.
>
>                                                         TIA,
>                                                         Jaime

Hello Jaime,
it's always helpful to include which distribution Your linux installation is based
on
(if it's linux - could be Solaris or BSD as well, which would mean others could be
more
of help than me).

Anyway, it seems that Your sperl does have the sgid bit set, but not the suid bit.
You can change this by issuing the command

chmod u+s /usr/bin/sperl*

After that, things should be up and running (bar any other errors).

Regards,
	Harald
--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252