[rt-users] qmail suid issue

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Mon Sep 17 06:45:07 EDT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 jaime at snowmoon.com wrote:
> 	Am I missing something really obvious?  Maybe a chown/chgrp/chmod
> combination for /var/log/rt2 that would work?

	OK, I think that I got it.  My httpd runs as nobody.  So I tried:
zeus:jkikpole>ls -l /var/log/ | grep rt2
drwxrw----  2 nobody  rt          512 Sep 17 06:32 rt2
zeus:jkikpole>ls -l /usr/bin/sperl5*
-r-s--s--x  3 root  wheel  50816 Sep 14 18:26 /usr/bin/sperl5
-r-s--s--x  3 root  wheel  50816 Sep 14 18:26 /usr/bin/sperl5.00503

	Now it seems to be working.  Two tests sent to rt at ... have made
their way into my general queue now.  I assume that the others are held up
in the queue since they've been failing delivery for several hours.  :)

	Thanks for the help!  If something about the above looks
dangerous, please let me know.

							Jaime

--
"[A]s we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and