[rt-users] Packaging RT2

Dewet Diener dewet at itouchlabs.com
Tue Sep 18 12:11:19 EDT 2001

Hi all

I'd like to know whether anyone else has taken on the task of packaging
RT2 into any form?  I've managed to get all of the depended-upon CPAN
modules into RPMs (they total about 29), but now RT2 itself is proving
to be a bit stubborn :)

Alternatively, if someone could help me with this - I'm trying to get
the Makefile to install the correct paths in the config files, but then
to install the actual files in a different location.  For those of you
who don't know RPM - it creates a 'scratch' build area, into which an
application gets installed, inside the complete paths it would have
gone into on the 'live' filesystem.  That, in essence, gets tar'ed up
and rolled out when you install the RPM.  So, usually doing this
"configure for one location, install to a different one"-idea works
pretty well with most systems, including autoconf/automake and
Perl/CPAN's Makefile.PL...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Dewet

--
Dewet Diener     dewet at itouchlabs.com     -o)
Systems Administrator     iTouch Labs     / \

SYN! ..... SYN! ACK! ..... ACK!
The mating call of the internet