[rt-users] Installation problem

RT user RT rt_dev_ at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:58:08 EDT 2001

Hello,

I am having trouble installing RT onto Redhat Linux 7.  This is the order
that I am installing dependencies:

1. installed mysql server v3.23.41
2. installed the following perl modules for mysql:
   Data Dumper
   DBI 1.20
   Msql-Mysql module v 1.2216
3. Install Apache server with mod_per according to the instructions in
   www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/installation.html
4. Install rest of perl module dependencies that are listed using   the
'make testdeps' command in the rt installation directory.
5. Configure a servername to loop back to my machine's IP address by adding
the appropriate line in /etc/hosts
6. Add the virtual host in apache's httpd.conf file as described in the
documentation at www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/installation.html.  Note:  the same
servername that added to /etc/hosts is used as the servername directive in
the virtualhost entry.  Similarly, the IP address in the opening virtualhost
tag is the same IP address that specified in the /etc/hosts file

Is there a particular order I should install modules or applications?  Are
there any module versions I should stay away from?  Does the 'make testdeps'
command accurately display what modules I have or don't have?

Any help would be appreciated.  I need to set this bad boy up for my company
and I am running out of time.  Thanks

Michael D.